- Oilheat burns cleanly. Today's Oilheat burns 95 percent cleaner than in 1970. Since it burns so cleanly, it comes well within the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency. Low sulfur products and renewable biofuels, such as those made from soy beans, reduce Oilheat’s already near-zero emissions even further.
- Oilheat is kind to the environment. In fact, residential heating oil equipment is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
- Oilheat is better than ever: Across the country, the heating oil being delivered to homes is now Bioheat® fuel - a Low Sulfur or Ultra-Low Sulfur product blended with renewable biofuels.
- Oilheat storage is safe, reliable and convenient. Today’s tanks are designed with corrosion-resistant materials and can last for decades. New technology allows for remote monitoring to protect against the rare event of a leak, and to ensure you always have a sufficient supply of heating oil on hand, no matter what the weather brings.
- All across the country, cities and states are taking the initiative to ensure their communities and their families can breathe easier, by mandating the use of Bioheat® fuel and/or low or ultra-low sulfur heating oil. Click here to see if there are Bioheat® fuel or low sulfur mandates in your neighborhood. However, low sulfur fuel is widely sold, even in areas without mandates. Speak with your local heating oil company about the fuel options available.